Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Yesterday at 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Training for Bidders

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Training for Bidders

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:54 am

I noticed that most of the new members of this forum are private enterprises/bidders. It is really a welcome development, that bidders are interested in knowing as well the Government Procurement Reform Act (GPRA). Not only are the government procurement practitioners empowered on the proper implementation of the law, but the bidders joining government procurement as well.

I am just wondering if there are members of this forum, including just the passive browsers, who are interested in attending a training designed for bidders only. This is only an informal survey to gauge the interest of the bidders, because if they are, I can design a training for them. Any suggestion from the other members (from the government) would also be most welcome.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Training for Bidders

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:03 pm

RDV @ GP3i wrote:I noticed that most of the new members of this forum are private enterprises/bidders. It is really a welcome development, that bidders are interested in knowing as well the Government Procurement Reform Act (GPRA). Not only are the government procurement practitioners empowered on the proper implementation of the law, but the bidders joining government procurement as well.

I am just wondering if there are members of this forum, including just the passive browsers, who are interested in attending a training designed for bidders only. This is only an informal survey to gauge the interest of the bidders, because if they are, I can design a training for them. Any suggestion from the other members (from the government) would also be most welcome.

True and I definitely agree on this observation.

I believe, to be an effective reformist of government procurement, the bidders alike (considering their overwhelming numbers against gov't practitioners) should be given equal training and knowhow on what and what to do in participating. This way, it would be easier for the government to comply in the very rules some agencies sometimes violate. This will encourage two-way learning and will make lives easier for both gov't and private practitioners.

With that I am into support of RDV's proposition. I could also extend my own personal expertise in contributing to the Training Design - not only for bidders, but also for empowerment of observers. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:19 pm

For the information of everybody, PhilGEPS have started that already. It began with the training of trainers, of which Maam Fe is one of those who were trained. In their web site Philgepstraining.net, it can be gleaned that these trained trainers started training buyer groups/bidders to be internet savvy so that they can respond to the postings that we, the supplier group posts in the philGEPS. In our discussion during the training, it was concluded that the problem is the lukewarm participation of the buyer group and we can only solve this by conducting trainings for the buyers/bidders. This is just an information and it would be laudable if Sir RDV and some members of the forum can come up with a separate training for this group. Mas maraming nagpapa training, mas maganda. I fully subscribe to that sir.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:51 am

jcolas wrote:For the information of everybody, PhilGEPS have started that already. It began with the training of trainers, of which Maam Fe is one of those who were trained. In their web site Philgepstraining.net, it can be gleaned that these trained trainers started training buyer groups/bidders to be internet savvy so that they can respond to the postings that we, the supplier group posts in the philGEPS. x x x

The PhilGEPS training module only covers the maximized used of PhilGEPS from registration to receipt of NTP via web. What RDV is pointing out is a training module for bidders equivalent to that being administered for BAC, BAC Secretariat, and BAC-TWG. By doing this, the government agencies who (still) are not compliant, shall be forced to comply and move one step ahead so they cannot be outwitted by the bidders.

Anyway, I think this will not conflict with the PhilGEPS training. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:43 pm

No conflict and again, I say the plan is laudable. I have been harping on the need to train the buyer/bidder to be internet savvy. Most of all, their is a need to impress upon the buyers group that their is no other way for them to transact with the government but the PhilGEPS way and in order for them to do that is for them to be trained. Whether it will be done by any group is beside the matter. Sabi ko nga mas marami, mas maganda
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Go ako dyan, sir RDV, engrjez, jcolas. Actually, the PhilGEPS has provided the Supplier Module but a private company was commissioned thru a MOA to prepare it. As trainers, we try to squiz the module in a half day session and honestly, I don't think with that short period, we can't really capture all the learnings we want to impart to them, kahit na magaling na magaling ka na as lecturer.

The suggestion of Sr RDV is indeed very timely.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:04 pm

fe a. araya wrote:Go ako dyan, sir RDV, engrjez, jcolas. Actually, the PhilGEPS has provided the Supplier Module but a private company was commissioned thru a MOA to prepare it. As trainers, we try to squiz the module in a half day session and honestly, I don't think with that short period, we can't really capture all the learnings we want to impart to them, kahit na magaling na magaling ka na as lecturer.

The suggestion of Sr RDV is indeed very timely.

The training I am proposing is not the same as the PhilGEPS training, which is basically only for purposes of Suppliers/Contractors registering in the PhilGEPS, as well as benefit from procurement opportunities being posted in the PhilGEPS.

My idea is, as correctly interpreted by engrjhez, is really on the other aspects of procurement, specifically on the competitive bidding process. At the end of the training, among others, the bidder should be able to (1) understand his/her responsibilities, rights and accountabilities as a bidder; (2) understand the procurement (bidding) process from bid opening up to award of contract; (3) understand his rights and obligations if awarded the contract; and (4) understand how to prepare a responsive bid document.

PhilGEPS, therefore, will not be a part of the training design. I leave it to PhilGEPS and its trainers, like ms fe a. araya.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Training of bidders

Post by fe a. araya on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:53 pm

Go pa rin ako dyan sa idea mo, sir RDV. Am sure other trainers will agree with me. In fact, in my own little way, I am already starting to orient our bidders on some salient features of the bidding process (informally, of course, i.e. when they consult me on the basic procedures) But I hope am not violating provisions of the IRR re: contact with bidders PEACE! Buti naman sa office namin, di masyado problem ang mga bidders. They are just too willing to learn.

Sir RDV, fiesta na sa Naga. I was there this morning and heard mass at the Cathedral where the Ina is now housed. I plan to go back on Saturday or Sunday. Sa Basilica naman masimba.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:32 pm

I believe we should likewise intensify trainings for BAC members on the implementation of the IRR. I observe that a number of advertisements in the newspapers are still using the old forms as in "Invitation to Apply for Eligibility and to Bid" instead of Invitation to Bid; the 2-stage bidding process as in infra projects where a separate sked is for eligibility check, afterwhich another sked for the purchase of bid docs then another sked for the opening of bids. Perhaps, there are a number of of PEs who are still using the old IRR of RA 9184 and maybe (just maybe) are not aware of the the Phil Bidding Documents which are very useful.

fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:30 pm

I have a chance to sit in on one PhilGEPS training for Supplier Class (I was advised to observe before I can actually conduct one of my own). I saw that the most interesting part of discussion was not from the modules itself but from actual experiences which need to be addressed by RA 9184. When someone triggered a question, the rest followed.

On my opinion, intensified training for the BAC, Secretariat, and TWG is a good thing. But training the suppliers will have a more promising chance of true reform on procurement. This was premised on the following facts:

1. The number of registered suppliers are way too many as compared with government agencies;

2. Even if the BAC, Secretariat and TWG are well trained on RA 9184, a simple political issue can "turn the tides";

3. Since the Suppliers are currently less familiar with RA 9184, they either make "wrong moves" or they simply forget about contesting decisions.

Since suppliers make their money out of contracts, they are expected to be more willing to learn the exact knowledge they need to provide the best price for the government without technically being disqualified of something they are not so familiar about.

It is also my humble suggestion that such training be organized soon before the dawn of online bid submission next year. If the suppliers are well trained, government agencies who would like to exploit the law they have sworn to uphold cannot do it anymore without being refuted. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sky on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:44 pm

You are definitely correct in you entry last November 20 2010.
I am from the private sector. We join government biddings and attend training on public bids.
There are many times, that we know more about the RA than the BAC of some agencies.
Because of this, they are caught off guard and forces them to understand the law and procedure. There are many times when there is a "bias" for another vendor for some reason, and know the RA and procurement procedure keeps "bias" from happening.

From the bidders/suppliers point of view, there are still many reforms that need to done in the procurement process that will be advantageous to the government and tax paying public. But there must be somewhere where these feedback can be collated, studied, and reformed.

I am really happy with the reforms that I saw at Dep Ed with their procurement trainings that they have for suppliers. They are doing a great job. Other agencies should also try to follow.

sky

Female Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : private corporation
Occupation/Designation : executive
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by miga on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:35 pm

I support the suggestion on training for bidders re the IRR of RA 1984 and related government procurement policies. So that bidders and BAC and all those involved in the bidding process will have the same interpretation and appreciation of procurement guidelines. Please email us the training schedules in Mindanao if ever there will be one.

thank you.
Miga

miga

Female Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : migo construction
Occupation/Designation : project manager
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down